Only Child Syndrome

My photo
The fact is this...I am a LATE thirty-something, an only child with one living parent and I hate, by the way, being an only child.

I am a drama queen and I know it, and I love it and I won't change it!

I am finally in a career that I love and I finally found someone special, just for me and my dramatic nature!

I am a horse lover. I love and ride Appaloosa horses.

I am and artsy-farts and love all aspects of the Arts and Culture. I am an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot and love the jewels.

I have a dog who is my four legged baby, her name is Effie and I have another three legged baby and her name is Daisy.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Can it get any better?

Yesterday, I took the day off.

I cleaned out my closet and was finally able to let the two dresses that I wore to my grama and grapas funeral go.

Grapa has been gone now for 12 years and my grama 4 years. I am proud of myself.
The dresses were nice, outta date, but still held that pain.

I let it go.

Today....
Today is a different story.

I started my car and drove one block from my place. The back seat is loaded with 3 garbage bags. Two containing the clothes from the closets and one bag has my bottles and cans in it.

The car sputtered, and stalled. Great.

I call Legs. He should be at work, he works on vehicles and machinery, he might have some insight on what could be wrong, PLUS, I am a little panicky because I am NOT in the good part of town.

Why is it, that when there is something wrong with your vehicle and you call the better half, YOU GET SHIT! Why?

It's not my fault the car stalled, its not my fault I am where I am.

I asked him what his CAA number was so I could call the tow truck and get it taken to MY mechanic. Well, he started cussing and swearing and ranting...and then when I barked back, he got mad at me for being outta control. All I asked was for the CAA number!

So, I hung up on him.

What the hell?

He called back and I really debated on answering it, but I answered anyway. I got his CAA number and THEN I hung up! Screw him!

I am sick to death of being talked to like I am stupid, dumb, and an idiot. I may not be the brightest person alive, but gimme SOME credit.

SO, I am stranded on the bad side of town!

My landlord just happened to be driving by and stopped. He offered to take me to the CAA truck towing place so I hopped in.

I made arrangements and got him to drop me back off at me car.

I waited for the tow truck and am still trying to re-start my little blue smurf turd car, but no luck.

I then called the boss, he came and picked me up, in the meantime I texted Legs and told him that I was not speaking to him anymore if he continued to talk to me like I was an idiot and that Oh by the way, I got the house plans done and since I was inconveniencing HIM, that I was making the changes on the house and if he wanted to "discuss" the plans he could call me at work.

AND I called CAA and bought my OWN card, with my OWN number!!!


I was quite proud of myself....again.

I got to work, and Legs called.

He asked me how I made out. I told him fine...and said nothing more.

I faxed the house plans to his dad's place and told him that's what I did, if there were changes, he could fax me back here at work and that I was not discussing anything further with him until his attitude changed and hung up.

I haven't heard from him yet today.

Great.

And how was YOUR day?

1 comment:

Mick & Cathy said...

Good for you sorting everything out, reckon Legs will be narked he ended up not needed.

Ahhhh George