Only Child Syndrome

My photo
The fact is this...I am a LATE thirty-something, an only child with one living parent and I hate, by the way, being an only child.

I am a drama queen and I know it, and I love it and I won't change it!

I am finally in a career that I love and I finally found someone special, just for me and my dramatic nature!

I am a horse lover. I love and ride Appaloosa horses.

I am and artsy-farts and love all aspects of the Arts and Culture. I am an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot and love the jewels.

I have a dog who is my four legged baby, her name is Effie and I have another three legged baby and her name is Daisy.

Monday, March 16, 2009

Eloping is the only way

This last Saturday, I spent the whole, entire day talking to soon-to-be-brides about using our venue as a place to get married in.

I saw stressed out young brides, over confident older brides, moderately stressed future mother-in-laws (is that the right spelling or is it mothers-in-law?...anyway...) and mothers of the bride just along for moral support.....and the conclusion I have come to is this.....

Elope.

e⋅lope 
–verb (used without object), e⋅loped, e⋅lop⋅ing.
1.
to run off secretly to be married, usually without the consent or knowledge of one's parents.
2.
to run away with a lover.
3.
to leave without permission or notification; escape.


Just elope!

Go someplace warm, tropical, and secluded.
Those who want to join you can, those who don't well that's fine too.

I saw these future brides, changing their minds once they saw different colour schemes, bows added to this, feathers added to that. Do you have taped music or the real thing? They saw other dresses and then hemmed and hawed over something different yet again. YIKES!

One thing that I know, THAT I KNOW, is that I will be eloping!

4 comments:

Heidi M. Lindskog said...

I concur!

Wilma said...

Why, why, WHY would anyone go through all that shite when they can make one phone call & have their entire wedding arranged?

Because some people are still confused about what's more important ~ the wedding or the marriage.

& those people, IMHO, are not yet mature enough to get married.

Bruno Rocco said...

And you didn't even talk about the outragous money that is spent on these rediculous weddings. I'm with you Elope

Anonymous said...

I definitely agree that there are a lot of good reasons to elope and I'm all for it. However, there are negatives about it as well including that friends and family act ridiculously hurt for a long time after finding out that you eloped.

Ahhhh George