Only Child Syndrome

My photo
The fact is this...I am a LATE thirty-something, an only child with one living parent and I hate, by the way, being an only child.

I am a drama queen and I know it, and I love it and I won't change it!

I am finally in a career that I love and I finally found someone special, just for me and my dramatic nature!

I am a horse lover. I love and ride Appaloosa horses.

I am and artsy-farts and love all aspects of the Arts and Culture. I am an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot and love the jewels.

I have a dog who is my four legged baby, her name is Effie and I have another three legged baby and her name is Daisy.

Monday, March 09, 2009

The Straw broke....a rant.

Once again, I thought I was done with the piddly-assed high school horse shite! Seriously.

Yes, it was a fairly stressful day yesterday at work with a gazillion children coughing on you, touching you with their cheezy chip little fingers, grabbing at others, parents stressed out and yelling at their disobedient kids that are running all over hell's green acre....and I, stuck behind the merch. table. For those of you who know me, know I can not "do" money....and that's where I was. Thank heaven for the fabulous volunteer ladies who helped me. If they were not there to back me up, I would have been in a corner freaking out!

Yesterday we had the two out of the three fab Front of House Managers (FOH) there, Jack Spratt and G-Girl. The one I hate ("L" who is married to "J") did not grace my presence yesterday, but her arsehole of a husband who is the lighting tech and works there full time was.

J approached G-Girl yesterday, who was our FOH for two of the shows and said to her that I was in a lot of trouble and will most likely be fired on Monday for the ruckus I caused. G-Girl, who has grown to be a good friend of mine, came to me with this information and asked if I was in trouble....I shook my head no.

G-Girl informed me that she was told by J that eventhough the kids show was sold out, there were still ads in the paper for the show and I was foolishly spending money that our non-profit organization did not have and that he was going to bring this HUGE mistake to the boards attention and have me fired.

Well, I was wild!

First of all if you have a problem with me, come and see me. I am forever hearing of these guys back stage beeotch and complain about me, but not once have they evah, evah, had the balls to approach me.

Secondly, stop telling others....they MUST know it's gonna get back to me?! I mean really! I am a nice person and people really, actually like me! (I'm not pulling your leg here!)

and Thirdly...and this is the best and I can hardly wait for J and R to bring it up at the next meeting....teehee...the show that had all the ads in, was not our show. They brought themselves in. I have no part whatsoever in what they do for advertising. None. Zero. Zilch. I have no say, in what they do...and I don't care. It's not my job to see how they spend their advertising dollar. We didn't bring it or book it in.

What keeps me going? The fact that I lurve my job and I do it well. The fact that I know by being there, drives J and R and L crazy!

1 comment:

Heidi M. Lindskog said...

I read it again, and I am pretty sure I follow now!
Just so you know!

Ahhhh George