Only Child Syndrome

My photo
The fact is this...I am a LATE thirty-something, an only child with one living parent and I hate, by the way, being an only child.

I am a drama queen and I know it, and I love it and I won't change it!

I am finally in a career that I love and I finally found someone special, just for me and my dramatic nature!

I am a horse lover. I love and ride Appaloosa horses.

I am and artsy-farts and love all aspects of the Arts and Culture. I am an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot and love the jewels.

I have a dog who is my four legged baby, her name is Effie and I have another three legged baby and her name is Daisy.

Friday, November 14, 2008

HELLOOOO OUT THERE....

Oh my goodness!
I am sooo far behind in my blogging and I just feel terrible!

The last three weeks have been a zoo. I have not been home and this week I am farm sitting. So...things are winding down.

Three weekends ago I was at the Red Deer Arts Showcases, two weekends ago was the Moose Jaw arts Showcases and last weekend I was in Strasbourg and it was the TheatreOne One Act Festival.

I am however, a little under the weather because of all the running around I have been doing. In between the weekends, it has been so busy here at work. This next week...actually these next 4 weeks are going to be hell!

They are the school Christmas concerts and let me tell you....it is great birth control for me. Surrounded by kids and parents and let me tell you it is NOT the kids that drive me crazy, it is the parents...Those parents are absolute nightmares! They are bossy, demanding, rude, ego maniacs, these parents are our worst nightmare. Nothing is good enough, they push their way through lines, back stage...it is crazay!!! They think they have the rights to EVERYTHING because Precious is going to be onstage singing!

I am not looking forward to this....can you tell?

On a lighter note....
While I was at the One Act, I was able to connect with many friends whom I have not seen in quite some time. You can talk to them on Facebook and such, but it is so nice to see them in person. While I see lots of dear friends, it is always nice to make new ones as well.

I was so happy to see Wilma and Bruno.

It's funny....I have many friends but don't have many close ones...ones that you don't see in awhile but can pick up where you left off the last time, just as if time never went by. It's those friends that are dear to my heart. I have close school girlfriends that I see when I go home but I find these thespian friends are the ones who I connect with the most.

I think we all connect so well for a few reasons....The love of theatre, we are all a little eccentric, we all love our animals, and we all have a fantasic sense of humour!

Anyway, the last weekend was by far the best weekend...I am looking forward to March in Prince Albert for TheatreFest week!

2 comments:

Poopsie aka Blue said...

Welcome back!

Glad One Act was fun & you connected with Wilma.

Whislst you've been away, have set up a new Thursday meme to tease you with...
When you've a mo hope you'll join in.
Meantime take care
Blue
x

Mick & Cathy said...

You sound so busy, best way to be.

Ahhhh George