Only Child Syndrome

My photo
The fact is this...I am a LATE thirty-something, an only child with one living parent and I hate, by the way, being an only child.

I am a drama queen and I know it, and I love it and I won't change it!

I am finally in a career that I love and I finally found someone special, just for me and my dramatic nature!

I am a horse lover. I love and ride Appaloosa horses.

I am and artsy-farts and love all aspects of the Arts and Culture. I am an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot and love the jewels.

I have a dog who is my four legged baby, her name is Effie and I have another three legged baby and her name is Daisy.

Saturday, November 15, 2008

And then there's today...

Everything was going great.

Until today.

I don't ask for much.

I have been divorced for three years now. First time to EVAH, be on my own....literally. I am in this rotten little one bedroom apartment that I MAKE payments on. I own my own car. My income is just above poverty level and times, I can't even afford to buy milk for heavens sake.

This month...yes, this month, I have a bank balance that is NOT in the negative!

I do believe that things are looking up! Until about two hours ago.

I went to get the mail. I actually have a really bad phobia about getting the mail. I only get it twice a month, so I don't have to deal with it. I get it and promptly pay my bills and deal with what I have to live on. End of story. I hate getting mail. Hate is with a white hot passion.

Today, I went to get the mail because payday was just yesterday. I got it, went back into my apartment to open the bills and I see a letter from the government. Hmmmm, what do they want? I paid the taxes!

So, before I go on, I must let you in on what happened in the previous months.
Stifler's Mom came over in April to help me with doing my taxes. I owed..what else is new. I sent them a note asking to check it all over....they did. They sent me a notice saying I only had to pay less than 50 bucks! I was elated, but wary. I waited til July thinking that something else HAD to come of this....nothing....so I went to the bank...paid more than what was needed just in case there was interest....TWO weeks later I get a cheque back from them for the exact same amount that I paid at the bank....WTF? This was August. I called Stifler's Mom and told her. She said cash it and hang on to EVERYTHING. So I did.

Today, I get the mail and see a letter from the government....I open it.....it is an enormous bill! Saying that I didnt make what I said I did on my T4's, they said I made double and they have charged me interest on top of that. I am close to owing them $1000.00.....my jaw hit the floor! Tears flowed and I called Legs....not that he can help, but I was just overwhelmed....I still am.

I honestly don't know how much more I can take. They say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, but there are many nights when I lay in bed awake and just wish there were no more breaths to take. It is always a struggle and I am tired of it. I truly am tired of it.

And I ask Why me? Because I have shit for luck.

I will be going to see an accountant on Monday morning...that's all I can do for now. I just wish it wasn't the weekend because now all I will do is fret til monday morning.

2 comments:

Poopsie aka Blue said...

Hells bells that's one mighty bill.
Hate governments & taxes - which is why I quit - please don't hold it against me but I was a Tax Inspector once upon a time!

I can understand your money worries as I too live from hand to mouth.
We both need a bit of lady luck!

Re - not liking mail; don't you like Christmas cards???
I was going to email you, for your address so I could send you one, when I post Wilma's...
Mmmm!

Love & a hug hug
Blue

Bruno Rocco said...

Taxes are evil just think about the fun we will have in Saskabush in 4 weeks. I don't like it when your stressed

Ahhhh George