Only Child Syndrome

My photo
The fact is this...I am a LATE thirty-something, an only child with one living parent and I hate, by the way, being an only child.

I am a drama queen and I know it, and I love it and I won't change it!

I am finally in a career that I love and I finally found someone special, just for me and my dramatic nature!

I am a horse lover. I love and ride Appaloosa horses.

I am and artsy-farts and love all aspects of the Arts and Culture. I am an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot and love the jewels.

I have a dog who is my four legged baby, her name is Effie and I have another three legged baby and her name is Daisy.

Monday, June 09, 2008

Old Friends

It has been an interesting ride.
There is a poem that I remember about Friends...
There are no friends like old friends and none so dear and true, we meet them when we greet them like flowers meet the dew....

I have found old friends and have made many new ones and have even rekindled some. It has been a comfort to rekindle those ones I thought I had lost. The ones I lost through divorcing Milletime have affected me the most. They were the ones who I had been friends with for years and years. Well, half my life!

We would do things without the husbands and so I thought the bond was there. Since I have joined facebook, I have tried to request friendships with many and have been snubbed by all but two. It is sad really. Maybe they feel too awkward, or maybe they just don't like me, because of it all. But it makes me feel sad when I think back to all those times together. In Punnichy, in Moosomin, in Esterhazy, even in LaLoche. But that's ok. The two people who I missed THEE most, I have now started a friendship with again...I have found them.... and its funny how we just picked up where we left off, and to me....that's friendship.

When no matter what. They still accept you as you are, through the good and the bad.

No comments:

Ahhhh George