Only Child Syndrome

My photo
The fact is this...I am a LATE thirty-something, an only child with one living parent and I hate, by the way, being an only child.

I am a drama queen and I know it, and I love it and I won't change it!

I am finally in a career that I love and I finally found someone special, just for me and my dramatic nature!

I am a horse lover. I love and ride Appaloosa horses.

I am and artsy-farts and love all aspects of the Arts and Culture. I am an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot and love the jewels.

I have a dog who is my four legged baby, her name is Effie and I have another three legged baby and her name is Daisy.

Friday, June 27, 2008

Going Home

Well, there are only a few more sleeps left before I head for home.

My beloved mother keeps telling me how much there is to do when I get there and quite frankly, I am dreading the thought of going home. Home is a place where it is a comfort zone. Where you can just "be". I don't have that feeling anymore. In fact, I hate the thought of going home. It doesn't feel like home to me anymore. I am always running, running, running.

The place is the shambles, the animals run amuck, and everything is always left for me to do when I get there. The family then expects me to go to them on their command and whim and I can only stretch so far. I find it stressful, frustrating and sad. It shouldn't be that way. It never used to be that way. Why is it now?

I never seem to be able to get off the farm to go visit my friends, to go out with others, and when I do I know that the old Kraut in mother kicks in and I am up at the crack of dawn doing something ridiculous that could have waited til mid-morning. I don't think she or the family realizes that I am grown up, I am not 12.

I often think that if I had a family that I would be treated differently. My cousin who is like a sister to me has 3 kids and a husband and she gets outta all kinds of stuff, but not me! Single and no kids. Who knew??!!

There is one thing I know for sure and that is, when I get back I will be needing a few days off!

No comments:

Ahhhh George