Only Child Syndrome

My photo
The fact is this...I am a LATE thirty-something, an only child with one living parent and I hate, by the way, being an only child.

I am a drama queen and I know it, and I love it and I won't change it!

I am finally in a career that I love and I finally found someone special, just for me and my dramatic nature!

I am a horse lover. I love and ride Appaloosa horses.

I am and artsy-farts and love all aspects of the Arts and Culture. I am an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot and love the jewels.

I have a dog who is my four legged baby, her name is Effie and I have another three legged baby and her name is Daisy.

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

The Flood


Not been a good week so far and today is only Wednesday!


Monday: computer down

Tuesday: computer down and flood

Wednesday: Aftermath of flood


Yesterday as I was on my way out the door and out box office Guru was in the box office wrapping things up and the boss was in his office....I was talking to both of them as I was leaving. There was a noise coming from the coffee machine and I asked the Guru if she was making coffee which I thought was odd seeing as how it was the end of the day. Guru said no she was not and we both turned to "look" at the coffee machine and while we were looking at it a gush of water came out of the cupboards!! YIKES!!! The Guru and I rushed over there while the boss sauntered in to see what the commotion was all about. Yup! Water everywhere.

We could not turn off the "taps" under the sink to shut the water off because some moron removed said "taps"...we needed a screw driver. Incidently the coffee machine is hooked up to a bunch of hoses under the counter and has water go directly into the machine from there.


As water was spewing everywhere, I then RAN to the front of the college dripping with water and the girls then called college maintenance who then came to our rescue. I RAN back to do I'm not sure what but stand there, until back up came. It was a GONG SHOW!


After they screwed shut the said "taps", all water ceased...except for the water dripping off of our clothes. Good thing it was a nice day yesterday, I got some fairly funny looks while driving home in sopping wet clothes!

No comments:

Ahhhh George