Only Child Syndrome

My photo
The fact is this...I am a LATE thirty-something, an only child with one living parent and I hate, by the way, being an only child.

I am a drama queen and I know it, and I love it and I won't change it!

I am finally in a career that I love and I finally found someone special, just for me and my dramatic nature!

I am a horse lover. I love and ride Appaloosa horses.

I am and artsy-farts and love all aspects of the Arts and Culture. I am an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot and love the jewels.

I have a dog who is my four legged baby, her name is Effie and I have another three legged baby and her name is Daisy.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Well....

Well today is? I da know what day it is today but I have done nothing here at work but clean my desk and surrounding area...that took a bit and I have fought non-stop with my power points all morning, and yesterday afternoon. I had a Vista meltdown and now it is coffee break time.





I spent this last weekend with Bruno and Wilma in Saskatoon. We had our annual early Christmas and they both spoiled me.





We all arrived Friday afternoon...truthfully Wilma and I thought that we would be able to beat Bruno in good enough time to relax and have a wee drinkie before he showed up, but we were too busy arranging the rooms and putting things out and organizing and before we knew it Bruno had arrived.





Friday night we then got into our happy clothes and with the food we brought to nosh on, we settled in and drank and ate most of the night away. We decided to open presents and it was just like we hadn't missed a beat. I think I have seen these two maybe twice this year and everytime we meet we start the conversation where we left off from the last time..... Thats how it should be!



"If her ears were clean I'd bite them off"...I think thats how it went!


Saturday moring we got up and showered and dressed, then hit the shopping mall. I had to return some pants that I had purchased from Gap. I took them home only to find out that I was one step ahead of myself and had already bought the exact same pair! Good thing I'm cute cuz I'm not too bright! Anyway...we pissed the day away in the malls.





Saturday night we had reservations to The Ivy....geez I like that place. The Company and the food was fantastic...as we met a few characters outside that night while waiting for the cab. Rocky Peanut and his entourage!

When it was time to head back to the hotel it was...with the wind chill....-45C.
Sunday morning Bruno's car needed some booster juice. It was bloody cold out!

The drive back to Border Town was uneventful thank heaven. I will say though that when I was travelling back all vehicles travelled in packs. I was in a pack of seven. I stopped in North Battleground and went in to Walmart to pick up a forgotten gift bag purchase. I was soon back on the road and heading on a desolate highway to Legs' place.

Legs' grama had her 92nd Birthday and there was a big celebration for her. It was a nice time...once I finally got there!!

Monday morning soon rolled around and alas.....back to work!


On a good note....there are only 3...yup....3 School Christmas concerts left to perform here. Thursday is the last day!!! YAY!!

Being surrounded by 300-500 snot nosed little kids and crazy parents is rather good birth control. I am cured!

2 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

Thanks for the visit. I kinda like it here....

Mick & Cathy said...

-45 hell would freeze over at that, don't envy you.

Ahhhh George