Only Child Syndrome

My photo
The fact is this...I am a LATE thirty-something, an only child with one living parent and I hate, by the way, being an only child.

I am a drama queen and I know it, and I love it and I won't change it!

I am finally in a career that I love and I finally found someone special, just for me and my dramatic nature!

I am a horse lover. I love and ride Appaloosa horses.

I am and artsy-farts and love all aspects of the Arts and Culture. I am an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot and love the jewels.

I have a dog who is my four legged baby, her name is Effie and I have another three legged baby and her name is Daisy.

Sunday, April 04, 2010

Sicko Easter

The Easter has not been the greatest. It's been nice but I have had better. Being put into a "step mom" roll has and is an adjustment for me. I have to watch what I say. I have to share. I have to have patience. I can do this, but I also need some encouragement from the other end as well.

This weekend has been a test and right at the moment the two people who I have busted my ass for, the two sickos are right at this moment watching a movie together. After, I have cooked meals, cleaned up vomit, washed bacteria infested bedding, clean bacteria infested floors, tubs and cooked "light" meals for two terribly sensitive stomachs, I now am the outcast.

They decided to watch a new movie that the Easter Bunny brought, which I might add, I was that bunny! They are in the bedroom, both laying on the bed, engrossed in the frog prince or whatever the damn thing is called. I was in the living room watching Celebrity Apprentice. I may have turned off the TV or said ya, sure lets watch it....but I was never asked. So, here I am mulling over my next course of action.

Ya Buster said do you want to watch with us, when I poked my head in to the bedroom to see where they were and what they were doing, but come on....the movie was already on and the bed is a twin....clearly, the outsider, the maid, stays on the out side....this is not the first time....I'm guessing won't be the last.

Am I being too sensitive here, maybe, but the invite when the movie was decided to go on would have been nice right from the start....it's ok. I will carry on and finish the laundry, and go to my room and read.

Tomorrow is yet another holiday.

Seriously, is it really a holiday?

I thought not. Just another Monday.

No comments:

Ahhhh George