Only Child Syndrome

My photo
The fact is this...I am a LATE thirty-something, an only child with one living parent and I hate, by the way, being an only child.

I am a drama queen and I know it, and I love it and I won't change it!

I am finally in a career that I love and I finally found someone special, just for me and my dramatic nature!

I am a horse lover. I love and ride Appaloosa horses.

I am and artsy-farts and love all aspects of the Arts and Culture. I am an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot and love the jewels.

I have a dog who is my four legged baby, her name is Effie and I have another three legged baby and her name is Daisy.

Friday, April 23, 2010

Our first....

Here he is...our first baby this year.

Obie!

His name is Obie for two reasons....
1). This year we are on the "o"s which means we have been breeding horses for 15 plus years. and this is the year of the "O".
2). He is named Obie after my grandfather. Our last name is Obal and when grapa was in the Canadian Army - Drill Sgt....Obie was grapas nickname.

According to Ma Kettle he is pretty sweet and very tame. Can't wait to meet him on May long weekend!




I also got news that three of my beloved horses are not well. This baffles me as they were healthy as horses...if you pardon the pun, when I dropped them off at mom's last fall.

My boy, Bosley has string halt and my other two older mares are down on weight and if they don't pick up soon on the oats, oil and beet pulp, I will have to make some very, very tough decisions. Decisions that I am not ready for yet.

Bosley has been with me since he was two and is now in his late twenties. We have been to many, many horse shows, winning left, right and center. Jeannie has back and hip problems and is in her early twenties. She too, is a show horse. She has taken me to many a championship as well. I broke her as a two year old for a neighbour and after I spent a month with her, he then sold her, I found out to who (now I know why she has back and hip problems) and about 5 years later was able to buy her back and she has been with me ever since. Tuffy is in her early thirties and has been with us for many years. We bought her from the States...Montana, I do believe....she is my mom's trail horse and has given us many a foal and many years of pleasure in the bush and along the creek.

My heart aches thinking about the future deeds. I am heading home May long weekend and with the Equine Massage Therapy under my belt, I am hoping to help them all out. Doing this type of work in the winter is useless. The cold just makes them tense up again and makes things worse. Best just to leave well enough alone til it warms up.

My horses are my best friends. They have helped me overcome sadness. They have brought me hours and hours of enjoyment, happiness and laughter. I trust them with my life. I honestly can't say that about people. Mind you, horses I can read better than anything. People...not so much!

I can't imagine my life without those four legged creatures.

Can't imagine at all.

No comments:

Ahhhh George