Only Child Syndrome

My photo
The fact is this...I am a LATE thirty-something, an only child with one living parent and I hate, by the way, being an only child.

I am a drama queen and I know it, and I love it and I won't change it!

I am finally in a career that I love and I finally found someone special, just for me and my dramatic nature!

I am a horse lover. I love and ride Appaloosa horses.

I am and artsy-farts and love all aspects of the Arts and Culture. I am an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot and love the jewels.

I have a dog who is my four legged baby, her name is Effie and I have another three legged baby and her name is Daisy.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Drama and Soup

Had a wee bit of drama at the hell job yesterday. It seems that the company changed the policy on part time workers...which includes me, that if you don't work more than two days in a row, you don't get your staff discount. My lovely manager made it so that I would work every second day last month, which in retrospect I should have know this was coming and then this month got one day.

Crock! You bet.

I had a few words with the district manager, told her I was tired of being the nice guy and we all know where they end up! and told her I was stooping to her and the managers level and quit. Told them to find someone from now on who will drop what they are doing at work to go help out at the second job when they are a man down. Yup! I used to do that.

I'm not angry but disappointed yet again in the manager anddistrict manager. Why can't they grow up?

Anyway, I no longer have to worry about it and actually feel a weight lift off my shoulders.

Today, I have been asked to be a soup judge here at the college. I am looking forward to it since I am an awseom soup maker myself.

I have my mom and grama to thank for that!

I was told to have no breakfast and to bring my appetite which is exactly what I am going to do!

1 comment:

Mick & Cathy said...

That rule really sucks, Staff discounts should be based on the number of hours you work and nothing to do with when.

Trouble is they probably know they have you by the short and curlies with the current job market.

Ahhhh George