Only Child Syndrome

My photo
The fact is this...I am a LATE thirty-something, an only child with one living parent and I hate, by the way, being an only child.

I am a drama queen and I know it, and I love it and I won't change it!

I am finally in a career that I love and I finally found someone special, just for me and my dramatic nature!

I am a horse lover. I love and ride Appaloosa horses.

I am and artsy-farts and love all aspects of the Arts and Culture. I am an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot and love the jewels.

I have a dog who is my four legged baby, her name is Effie and I have another three legged baby and her name is Daisy.

Monday, April 06, 2009

Where to begin...

Well, first of all I am glad to be alive.....ok, so I'm exagerating a little. It was an adventure though...
Three days ago, I was startled outta my wits by a larger than normal sized coyote, who not only went after the dog who was maybe 15 feet from me, and when I realized what was going on, grabbed the pitchfork and started after the two of them, the coyote turned from the dog and started out for me!

I have never in all my farm years, ever had a run in like that before.

The dog turned back and knocked the coyote in the butt, then the two of us ganged up on the coyote, chased him back int o the bush where there was another coyote waiting. So now, it was two against two. It was truly incredible.

The dog and I managed to chase the two coyotes back on to the lake ice, we then turned back to head up to the feedlot, where we were going to continue feeding, when the big coyote turned back and started for us again. Crazy.

He followed us up to the feedlot, springing up on his back legs to watch us. He stayed put for the remainder of the time the dog, horses, cows and I were there.

I went up to the house and pulled out the 410 rifle. I went back down, cuz this time I meant business and they pair of coyotes were gone.

The rest of the two weeks I was farmsitting was unevenful....thank goodness.

I did have to spend some money on the car. I had to get a new fuel pump and was rocked by a Co-op truck and now have a spider crack on my windsheid...

And, how was your week?

2 comments:

Heidi M. Lindskog said...

That's a scary story! I am glad to hear that it all worked out though! I didn't know that coyotes were that aggressive! Crazy!

Fairy Mae said...

me either!! Must of been hungry...

Ahhhh George