Only Child Syndrome

My photo
The fact is this...I am a LATE thirty-something, an only child with one living parent and I hate, by the way, being an only child.

I am a drama queen and I know it, and I love it and I won't change it!

I am finally in a career that I love and I finally found someone special, just for me and my dramatic nature!

I am a horse lover. I love and ride Appaloosa horses.

I am and artsy-farts and love all aspects of the Arts and Culture. I am an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot and love the jewels.

I have a dog who is my four legged baby, her name is Effie and I have another three legged baby and her name is Daisy.

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Dance moms

Dance moms are a NIGHTMARE!

My mom was a dance mom, but she was never and in-your-face nutball dance mom. I find the Dance moms here living their dream through their kids. Something they didn't have the chance to do when they were young...which, are all about my age! Yikes!

The kids are fantastic. The are polite, happy, courteous, I really have nothing bad to say about them. When they are in the back getting ready to go on stage, there is never any tom foolery. They are lined up and ready to go.

The dance moms....WHOLE nother story!

They are pushy, demanding, RUDE, and never have a smile on their face. They yell, holler, and scream. This is only my second dance season here at work.

My mom was always in the audience. She never HAD to be up front so I could see her. I knew she was there! She never meddled with the back stage people who helped us get into our costumes, and get our hair in place. She may have had my tap shoes a time or two and we had to get them from her, but she was NEVER, NEVER, rude.

I took 13 years of dance. Both Tap and Jazz and only two years of Ballet. Ballet was not my thing, nor was my body willowy and fragile!!

But in the 13 years I took dance, I was able to get my teaching certificate for level 1, which meant I could teach ther little gaffers. I didn't like the little kids, so I never taught.

I enjoyed my years of dance up until the time I was 16 when my teacher lied to me about rehearsals. She was changing dance times behind my back with the other kids in my group and secretly taking them to competition.....without me. One of the girls in my group thought that was wrong of my teacher to do and she called my mom. My mom was wild. I was very badly hurt and disappointed so mom yanked me out of year end review screwing up the dance numbers I was in and made that old bitch of a teacher have to redo the dance numbers.

I never spoke to that woman again.


But from what I have witnessed for far.......................
Dance moms.....they are crazy!

2 comments:

Queen of Halloween said...

My step-mom was the "fanatical" stage mom type. She wanted to live through her kid, I got to be the costume maker. What I hate more is the "Pageant Moms" playing with their children like they were real dolls...it's all sick. What kind of satisfaction is that? Great subject.

Fairy Mae said...

True, true...

Ahhhh George