Only Child Syndrome

My photo
The fact is this...I am a LATE thirty-something, an only child with one living parent and I hate, by the way, being an only child.

I am a drama queen and I know it, and I love it and I won't change it!

I am finally in a career that I love and I finally found someone special, just for me and my dramatic nature!

I am a horse lover. I love and ride Appaloosa horses.

I am and artsy-farts and love all aspects of the Arts and Culture. I am an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot and love the jewels.

I have a dog who is my four legged baby, her name is Effie and I have another three legged baby and her name is Daisy.

Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Pet Peeve

One of my biggest pet peeves in this Border Town are drivers.

I would say the majority of drivers between 25-55 are ROAD HAZZARDS!!! Don't even get me started on the over 55's!

If a highway is marked 110 kms and you are doing 90....YOU ARE A ROAD HAZZARD! People are leap frogging you! If the highway is marked 110kms and you are doing 130-140....YOU ARE A ROAD HAZZARD!!! You are now leap frogging others! Can't you just do the speed limit, or can't you just go with the flow of traffic. If you are late, then YOU SHOULD OF LEFT EARLIER.......

Where did they get their license? Who gave it to them?

I am also a firm believer in people over 70, should be getting a re-test on their drivers license...in fact after 70, they should be getting re-tested every two years.

4 Way stop signs are also another bone of contention....Obviously, most of them have never lived in small town Saskatchewan or small town anywhere, where that's all they have...Berline!!!!

Or the rigs....4 huge trucks pull out on to the highway....their top speed....60! 60!...and they are all in a line so you can't pass.....once I managed to pass 3 out of the 4, the biggest truck was yet to pass....the driver, Bless him...moved over on to the side to let the 7 cars behind me plus myself, pass! Why didn't the other 3 smaller big trucks pull over! Hell, even the huge Semi drivers pull over for you! It's nuts!

Or it's two solid lines and some idiot coming towards you decides to pass and all you see are headlights coming at you!! If that doesn't make your arse tighten up a bit, then I don't know what would!

Idiots!....

It seems though, once I get started towards Battlefort people seem to get their wits about them....once I hit Toon town, all is well, and as I am driving the 8 hours to my home town...eveything seems fine. People in the larger cities are courteous and obey most rules....its just the BorderTown... where, I guess, everyone's brains have flown out the window!

I hope that doesn't happen to me!

Who knew?

4 comments:

Bruno Rocco said...

OK Lady Jane I remember just 3 weeks ago you telling me you were doing 220km hr all the way to regina at the time I thought you were nuts and now I think your completely nuts. I still love you though

Fairy Mae said...

ok...that was double lane, not single...I dont do that on single.

Fairy Mae said...

thats suicide.

Fairy Mae said...

no, no, no...I misunderstood you, I did 120-125...I couldn't have done 220, I don't even have that number on my spedometer thinkgy...

Ahhhh George