Only Child Syndrome

My photo
The fact is this...I am a LATE thirty-something, an only child with one living parent and I hate, by the way, being an only child.

I am a drama queen and I know it, and I love it and I won't change it!

I am finally in a career that I love and I finally found someone special, just for me and my dramatic nature!

I am a horse lover. I love and ride Appaloosa horses.

I am and artsy-farts and love all aspects of the Arts and Culture. I am an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot and love the jewels.

I have a dog who is my four legged baby, her name is Effie and I have another three legged baby and her name is Daisy.

Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Quite a show


Dispite his personal demons that he is fighting, I had a chance to meet and truly talk with a really fantastic children's writer Robert Munsch. He has written so many books that touch the heart of many people.

He is this little frame of a man with an infectious smile and soft spoken charm. He actually takes the time to talk to you, to look right at you and to speak to you.
I had my books signed by him and when he did so, he noticed the note that my mom put on the inside of one of them and commented to me that I must be more than just a daughter and that he would sign on the page after my moms note. I found that quite touching.

Once this man hit the stage, he transformed into this fascinating storyteller, the kind that puts you in a trance and you just can't look away. He asked all sorts of kids to come up on stage to help him tell his stories. He did two performances back to back and not one story was the same. He was on stage for two hours telling stories about all sorts of things. One story he told to a little girl in a wheelchair and after when she came up to get her books signed he posed for pictures with this little girl and her face, eventhough you knew she was mentally challenged, her face just lit up. It was really cool to see.

If you ever get a chance to see Mr. Robert Munsch....do not hesitate...go.

No comments:

Ahhhh George