Only Child Syndrome

My photo
The fact is this...I am a LATE thirty-something, an only child with one living parent and I hate, by the way, being an only child.

I am a drama queen and I know it, and I love it and I won't change it!

I am finally in a career that I love and I finally found someone special, just for me and my dramatic nature!

I am a horse lover. I love and ride Appaloosa horses.

I am and artsy-farts and love all aspects of the Arts and Culture. I am an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot and love the jewels.

I have a dog who is my four legged baby, her name is Effie and I have another three legged baby and her name is Daisy.

Monday, June 28, 2010

Fast as lightning!

I helped Buster's aunt yesterday. My second job is helping her cater. It was about a 240 seater and all the Ukrainian fixings were on the table. YUM!

There were cabbage rolls, head cheese, three types of salads, buns with cheese inside them and dill sauce spilled over top! There were pickles, fried chicken, and little potatoes with a dill cream sauce ontop as well as baked beet leaves! Man oh Man was it a feast!

As I was standing there at the end of the table a man walked up to me and asked me for....ketchup!

I said "Ketchup?!" My eyebrows were raised and my mouth open. Are you joking? "Ketchup, with what", I asked?

I of course said no! No Ketchup!! WTF?

So I sauntered in to the kitchen and asked the cook....is there any ketchup? In an Ukrainian accent you could hear to the post office was the reply..."Ketchup! Who's putting ketchup on my food!"

That was all I needed. Nope. No Ketchup!

I was also standing there when I heard a woman asking another woman where she was from. The woman replied that she lived in Lloydminster. The other woman asked if she lived on the Alberta side or the Saskatchewan side. Alberta was the reply. And with that there was some verbal exchange and before I knew it, the woman sidled up to me and asked where I was from.

"I live in Vegreville" was my answer....I knew what was coming.
"Oh, I have never seen you there before, are you new?" she asked
"Yes, I am an import.", thinking that I don't even know you what do you care...but I played along.

"Where are you from?" the woman said.
I said, "The Saskatchewan/Manitoba Border."

There was a slight moment of silence...and one word puked out of her mouth..."oh!"

Then she said, "Oh, that's too bad." "Your on the right side now!"

I said, "You know, its attitudes like yours that make me proud to be from Saskatchewan."

She took a quick intake of breath and walked away.

I just smiled.

No comments:

Ahhhh George