Only Child Syndrome

My photo
The fact is this...I am a LATE thirty-something, an only child with one living parent and I hate, by the way, being an only child.

I am a drama queen and I know it, and I love it and I won't change it!

I am finally in a career that I love and I finally found someone special, just for me and my dramatic nature!

I am a horse lover. I love and ride Appaloosa horses.

I am and artsy-farts and love all aspects of the Arts and Culture. I am an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot and love the jewels.

I have a dog who is my four legged baby, her name is Effie and I have another three legged baby and her name is Daisy.

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Show stopping

So, I am directing the play for the Gala. "The Hound of the Baskervilles".

I realize it has been many years since I have directed a full length play but I feel I have the ability to do so. I am dedicated, organized, a control freak, and I have a vision of how I want the play to be.

I was told the other day that there is doubt from the committee that I can pull this off. I was kinda stunned, firstly because I have been a thespian for years, secondly, I am the president of the gala and it was news to me and thirdly, I saw no one else step up to the plate....and I really wanted to do this play.

I have the cast picked and already have had someone start rail roading me into switching cast around. This past festival, we had an actor join our little group and he is one of the best actors I have seen in a long time and I have chosen him to be Sherlock....the set constuctor has other ideas.

I can't understand why people, and it has happened all my life, have to try to change my mind for me. If they say no or have an opinion I respect it, but when I have a say, its not good enough for them and really I am tired of it. Almost 40 and still people think I am an idiot. Maybe I am.

Let me try and if I fall then I will know but until then the show must go on.

No comments:

Ahhhh George