Only Child Syndrome

My photo
The fact is this...I am a LATE thirty-something, an only child with one living parent and I hate, by the way, being an only child.

I am a drama queen and I know it, and I love it and I won't change it!

I am finally in a career that I love and I finally found someone special, just for me and my dramatic nature!

I am a horse lover. I love and ride Appaloosa horses.

I am and artsy-farts and love all aspects of the Arts and Culture. I am an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot and love the jewels.

I have a dog who is my four legged baby, her name is Effie and I have another three legged baby and her name is Daisy.

Monday, July 13, 2009

New way to exercise

Well, this past week and some I went home. To the farm. Would you like to know what I did?

I pounded about 20 posts in with a 16 pound sledge...on the second day, I found my muscles...or rather, they found me!

Along with me cousin, we fixed miles of fence, created another wood fence and pounded out a wall and then proceeded to create another.

We shovelled loads and loads of manure and that was only half the barn, we stacked bales and cleaned and mowed the yard! Im talking push mower people! No riding mower this year!

We stacked pallates for the fence mom is intending to build.

We sorted horses, and weaned two not very happy colts.

We dug out the fire pit and made it deeper!!
It was great to see a huge bon fire in the evenings!

We were very busy.

As for the exercise.... I only managed to lose two pounds but lost 3 inches of my bust, 2 inches off my waist, lost most of my back fat! and lost 2 1/2 inches off my butt/thigh area!

I worked hard this past week. I played only last Friday and that was at the bar for steak night.

I did enjoy the company during the work week at home and sitting around the bon fires drinking a well deserved beer.

I think I'll do it again in about three weeks.

2 comments:

Mick & Cathy said...

Its amazing how hard work is better than going to the gym, in fact I often laugh at people who take expensive Gym memberships. Most of them go there in their cars to go on a running or cycling machine, just doesn't make sense to me.

Fairy Mae said...

ya, I just can't go to the gym...its a waste of time. I may go on the walking track every so often but I just can't do it.

Ahhhh George