Only Child Syndrome

My photo
The fact is this...I am a LATE thirty-something, an only child with one living parent and I hate, by the way, being an only child.

I am a drama queen and I know it, and I love it and I won't change it!

I am finally in a career that I love and I finally found someone special, just for me and my dramatic nature!

I am a horse lover. I love and ride Appaloosa horses.

I am and artsy-farts and love all aspects of the Arts and Culture. I am an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot and love the jewels.

I have a dog who is my four legged baby, her name is Effie and I have another three legged baby and her name is Daisy.

Thursday, September 09, 2010

Home sick

Where have the days gone?

The time went by so fast.

Its September and the leaves are changing, the wind is a little chillier and the animals are starting to hair up for the cold months that lie ahead.

The days are getting shorter which is making my internal clock want to hibernate and stay under the covers for just that one...more...minute longer!

I am a little home sick though, I am missing the September horse back rides through the beautifully coloured trees, stopping along the way to take pictures of the nature that surrounds me. I am missing the smell of the wet wood as we ride. I am missing the laughter and the fun my cousins and I had riding horseback, running flat out across the open prairie and looking down at my horses mane flowing back and touching my hand that holds the rein. I miss our giggling while we coax our horses to jump over fallen logs...yes, I am home sick.

Maybe I can get home for that one last ride before the snow flies.

No comments:

Ahhhh George