Only Child Syndrome

My photo
The fact is this...I am a LATE thirty-something, an only child with one living parent and I hate, by the way, being an only child.

I am a drama queen and I know it, and I love it and I won't change it!

I am finally in a career that I love and I finally found someone special, just for me and my dramatic nature!

I am a horse lover. I love and ride Appaloosa horses.

I am and artsy-farts and love all aspects of the Arts and Culture. I am an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot and love the jewels.

I have a dog who is my four legged baby, her name is Effie and I have another three legged baby and her name is Daisy.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Sitting up

Still have the headache from lack of sleep....

The house was host to a bed & breakfast again last night....

This morning 4am came early.....

I woke up.

Got up.

Showered.

Left the bed & breakfast for the gas station.

Gassed the car.

Drove 1.5 hours to work.

Had breakfast with the G-girl at 6 and then off to work for 6:30...am.

While I was driving in to work, I noticed my posture. Normally while driving, I sit back, one hand on the wheel and the other on the radio dial. I bounce back from the 70's channel to the 80's channel. Volume cranked, singing at the top of my lungs not caring if the passing vehicles see me belting it out.

This particular morning, I was sitting upright, leaning into the steering wheel. Eyes bugged open with the air conditioning blasting louder then the radio. This particular morning I noticed the sky red, and grama's voice popped into my head.

She said: Red sky at night, sailor's delight, red sky in morning, sailor's warning.

Great. Let it rain!

This particular morning was different, felt different. Not because it was bloody early, but it was so calm out. It was peaceful. I looked at the pastures while driving by noticing all the livestock. All the animals lazy, sleeping, grazing. The babies dopey and the water fowl vegging in the sloughs.

I relaxed a little and the rest of the drive was very scenic.

It was nice.

No comments:

Ahhhh George