Only Child Syndrome

My photo
The fact is this...I am a LATE thirty-something, an only child with one living parent and I hate, by the way, being an only child.

I am a drama queen and I know it, and I love it and I won't change it!

I am finally in a career that I love and I finally found someone special, just for me and my dramatic nature!

I am a horse lover. I love and ride Appaloosa horses.

I am and artsy-farts and love all aspects of the Arts and Culture. I am an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot and love the jewels.

I have a dog who is my four legged baby, her name is Effie and I have another three legged baby and her name is Daisy.

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Facebook

Ahhhh, facebook.

It really is a networking system.

I am a farm towner...I enjoy pimping myself out at the Markeplace waiting for someone to hire me to harvest their crops.

In the meantime, you strike up conversations with people from all over the world. Yes, I am a talker.

I have gabbed with people from many countries where my morning is their night and vice versa and have even practiced my Spanish on a few of them. I have what is called a buddy list and when your "crops" are ready you can hit the buddy list to see if anyone is online. I use this quite alot and have made friends with three people who I talk regualrly with. One woman who is from South Carolina, one woman from West Virgina and a man from Vancouver who is actually from a town that I used to live in...Punnichy, Saskatchewan! I was on last night and the three of us gathered at my "farm" and we all talked for over an hour! It was great! We laughed, joked and even talked about our healthcare!

Since I have been on facebook I have reconnected with many, many people that I have not heard from in years and its nice to be able to "peek in" on them and see what they are up to and how they are doing, if they are married, have a family, and so forth.

I have an eclectic group of friends and I must say that alot of them are not close friends, we are however still friends and I am grateful that I have the opportunity to get to know them all over again!!

2 comments:

Bruno Rocco said...

I concur facebook is fun but you have to take and leave don't live

Fairy Mae said...

Oh, I agree, but I am actually on it and twitter and blogger and eventful alot with the marketing end of my job. Its a great marketing tool.

Ahhhh George