Only Child Syndrome

My photo
The fact is this...I am a LATE thirty-something, an only child with one living parent and I hate, by the way, being an only child.

I am a drama queen and I know it, and I love it and I won't change it!

I am finally in a career that I love and I finally found someone special, just for me and my dramatic nature!

I am a horse lover. I love and ride Appaloosa horses.

I am and artsy-farts and love all aspects of the Arts and Culture. I am an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot and love the jewels.

I have a dog who is my four legged baby, her name is Effie and I have another three legged baby and her name is Daisy.

Monday, January 03, 2011

Happy New Year

Well, December 4, 2010 was a great time. I attended Busters Christmas Party which was held at the River Cree in Edmonton. We ate, gambled and had some lovely refreshments! I gambled away all the winnings that Buster was making!!

My Christmas party was December 12th, 2010. We ended up going to a restaurant for food and drink. It was a nice time but very, very tame compared to Busters!!

I have had it at work and am now on the hunt for a new job here in Veg. I have put in for so many jobs that I am losing count! I am hopeful though that something will come along.

Buster came home with me on the 22nd and was introduced to all of my weird and wacky friends and family. The 25th came and mom was taken to the hospital due to shortness of breath while Angle and I played Santa and Elf to all the residents of the hospital and lodge and nursing home.

The 27th Buster and I came home and two days later mom was admitted to the hospital with pneumonia and rapid heart beat...its now the 3rd of January and she is now in the city hospital with a leaky heart valve and booked in for open heart surgery late this week. I will take a drive down once I know more. Yesterday my beloved horse of 26 glorious wonderful years passed away and that was the icing on the cake....

I lost it Berline yesterday....poor Buster I don't think knew what to make of it all.
With the crap going on at work, me trying to find a job, mom being very sick and then the horse dying, well that was all I could take.

Today is a better day.

I'm not sure though that if I lose my mom just what will happen to me. I have Buster...I think I'll keep him but mom is the last of my immediate family. I will then ultimately be 100% alone.

I just keep my chin up and keep my spirits up talking to mom. I have to. My heart hurts to much to think of the worst.

Tomorrow will be another day..tomorrow will be a better day.

1 comment:

Wilma said...

You always have me Chickie ~ we're sisters from another mother.... & father :-)

We're the family we'd choose to have if we could choose our family!

Ahhhh George