Only Child Syndrome

My photo
The fact is this...I am a LATE thirty-something, an only child with one living parent and I hate, by the way, being an only child.

I am a drama queen and I know it, and I love it and I won't change it!

I am finally in a career that I love and I finally found someone special, just for me and my dramatic nature!

I am a horse lover. I love and ride Appaloosa horses.

I am and artsy-farts and love all aspects of the Arts and Culture. I am an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot and love the jewels.

I have a dog who is my four legged baby, her name is Effie and I have another three legged baby and her name is Daisy.

Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Rehearsal

Well, after cancelling out for festival, I think we finally have our group of 8.

We were trying to gather the 8 people who committed to doing The Paw for festival in November. Then Rocky Horror pops up and I went frio 8 to ZERO!

I had to phone head office to cancel out of Festival, got a talking to from the E.D. who rubs me the wrong way on a good day and barked back at her only to realized that not only can I not go to festival but the play is advertised in the season brochure AND, found out that the schools here were taking it in their reading curriculum and selling the house for a 10:30 AM performance out while STILL I had Zero actors.

Slowly, I gathered up 4 out of 5 actors. I still needed a dad. I found him last week. I was giving myself until the end of September to do this play.

I'm pissed at myself for losing sleep over the damn thing, I am pissed that many went over to RHPS and couldn't "DO" both....there are no lines to learn in Rocky and pissed that there is another sub group of the Players doing a show for the seniors at the same time of The Paw.

So...in the meantime, I have had a get together with all the Players and sorted this fiasco out. We have all agreed, because we went from 9 to 35 people overnight basically, that we need more communication....ya think?

This spring we are in the works for "See How They Run"...which thankfully will not be diirected by me...Im soured and need a break. I may however, take a roll in it. I think it could be awfully fun!

But in the meantime, rehearsal last night went great and we have come a long way baby!!

No comments:

Ahhhh George