Only Child Syndrome

My photo
The fact is this...I am a LATE thirty-something, an only child with one living parent and I hate, by the way, being an only child.

I am a drama queen and I know it, and I love it and I won't change it!

I am finally in a career that I love and I finally found someone special, just for me and my dramatic nature!

I am a horse lover. I love and ride Appaloosa horses.

I am and artsy-farts and love all aspects of the Arts and Culture. I am an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot and love the jewels.

I have a dog who is my four legged baby, her name is Effie and I have another three legged baby and her name is Daisy.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

A sign

My Uncle Billy is not well. He has been an alcoholic all of his adult life. We knew his liver was shutting down and was to go to Regina on Monday. Yesterday however, he totally stunned us all by having a massive heart attack and is now in recovery in a coma on life support. I am on pins and needles at home waiting to hear from the majority of the family who went up this morning to get the low down from the doctor.

Last night when I went to bed, I had a rather an odd thing happen. As we all know I am a complete believer of the spirit world, have seen my fair share of ghosts, have witnesses numerous phenomenon. I was laying in bed and not quite asleep but not awake either. Not one, but both grama and grapa stood beside me last night....I knew what that meant. I asked them why they were here and both grama and grapa, grama wearing her jeans and pink sweatshirt and grapa was wearing his work pants, plaid shirt and blue ballcap, both with out stretched arms said they were ready for Bill. They had come to "take him home". I remember just laying very still in bed, hoping they would give me more. Grama smiled and said she was here to take her sick little boy home. It was his time.


That was it. Nothing more.

I am sad today because I know that he won't be coming out of his coma. I am however, content with the fact that my beloved grandparents are waiting for him.

I sit here and wait for the phone to ring. It's not quite dinner time yet and I already know the outcome.

No comments:

Ahhhh George